Sunday, June 10, 2012

Update!

A HUGE 'thank you' from Madi and Lexi!

Kickoff!

Hello faithful Kenya Soccer Project/Nehemiah FC followers!
It has been way too long since our last post on here, but I can assure you some amazing things have been happening behind the scenes! I apologize for the loose composition of this post, but I want to make sure that our faithful following is kept up to date.

Lexi will be leaving for Kenya in just NINE DAYS! While she is there, things will really get going. We are hoping that she can send over photos, information about the field conditions and some information about the people we are collaborating with while she is over there. But enough about what we are hoping to do... What have gotten done since the last time I checked in?
Crest Design: We have our crest design that is currently being finalized. The T-shirts will have the original design and the jerseys that come later will be a little more animated and chunky because we will have to replicate the crest on photoshop.
T-Shirts: I have two lovely models in line and we will have pre-orders set in place by Friday! Keep an eye out for the post announcing your chance to pre-order a Nehemiah FC team shirt. We will need to get a certain number of orders in place before we can order them, so the more people who buy a shirt the better!
Equipment: We have SO much stuff it's embarrassing! Lexi and I will spend the next week deciding what stays and what goes. People have been beyond generous and we appreciate the donations and hard work!
Everything else that I have been getting done in the midst of finals week is along the lines of recruiting models and photographers, pushing papers and dreaming but now that school is out, it's time to DO! (Yeah, in addition to loose composition also excuse my childish writing at the moment.)
Still to come...
Online donations: Lexi and I are currently arranging a way to donate to the project online through the Nehemiah site. That will be up and running shortly
Pictures!!! Pictures of our equipment, pictures of our players, pictures of our club, our shirts, our presidents... yes we like pictures because they are worth a thousand words so they save me, the journalist, a significant chunk of time.
I can't express my gratitude to anyone and everyone who takes the time to read this, share it, think about it, laugh at it or anything along the lines of that. The support has been amazing so far, I couldn't ask for a better community!
~Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment